Though most people probably get a taxi from the airport, you might want to make your way to your hotel in style. Have you ever though about hiring a limo service airport for your transportation? Luxury limo services are not just for proms and celebrities. If you are planning on doing some traveling in the near future, then why not look into airport limousine services. Here are a few things that you should know about the history and legacy of limos.
1. The first stretch limousine in the United States was built in Arkansas in 1928.
2. The President of the United States travels in a heavily armored, custom built limousine. This vehicle is often referred to as Cadillac One, or its less formal nickname of The Beast. The limo is based on a GMC Topkick platform, and has the outward appearance of an enlarged Cadillac DTS limousine. Since it is completely custom made, it also incorporates styling elements from other vehicles in the Cadillac lineup.
3. President Obamas presidential limousine has 8 inch thick doors to protect the president from attacks. The structure itself is made of titanium, ceramic, steel and aluminum which are some of the safe materials that are used in the manufacture of bullet proof vests..
4. Not surprisingly, limousines were the first cars to have air conditioning. They were built in 1939, which is only ten years after the first car radio was invented in New York City and Chicago. The air conditioner cost 274 US dollars, which is a staggering number if you take inflation into account, if the purchaser chose to have it installed. Also not surprisingly, these early models tended to be inefficient.
5. People often customize their own limos using a variety of base cars. On such custom limo that you will not see at a limo service airport is a Prius limousine. This strange car was invented by a Canada native and it has six doors and seats ten people. More research here.
Trackback from your site.